Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lauren's Cranberry Cole Slaw

I spent a lovely June week at my dear friend Lauren Small's in Baltimore. Lauren's husband Don has a wonderful orto in which he grows lettuce, spinach, radishes, eggplant, etc. They also have a patch of star gazer lilies, which is oft-visited by local bunny rabbits and deer! One evening at dinner on the patio I even saw a fox! Lauren's herb garden is right outside the front door and is loaded with things I love: basil, mint, oregano! She makes Gazpacho almost every summer evening--light and delish and cool to the palate. Hopefully, she'll send me her recipe and I'll put it on the blog too. This salad dish below she made for a barbecue party a week or so ago. Thanks for sharing, Lauren!


Cranberry Cole Slaw

1 cup cranberries
1/4 cup sugar1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small red onion
thinly sliced4 cups shredded red cabbage
1 large apple peeled, cored, and chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Mix everything together. Chill and serve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore slaw, so I will eagerly try this one!!! Mmmmm...fresh veg! Always welcome in the hot weather, too.

Mrs. G. said...

Oh my God, this sounds like the best slaw ever. I can't wait to read some of your other recipes.

Anonymous said...

This slaw is GRAND; try it all you veggie lovers out there. It's pretty, too~