Monday, May 11, 2009

Notice to Women and to writers

Notice for women:

I received an e-mail this morning asking me to post a link to this summer's
Skidmore Conference:

http://www.iwwg.org/pdf/09SkidmoreBrochure.pdf and to

IWWG: www.iwwg.org

This is a wonderful conference, not just for women writers but for all women.

Personally I can say that I attended workshops given by these wonderful instructors:
Lynne Barrett, Susan Tiberghien, June Gould, and Alice Orr, and I came away from each conference I attended with a good amount of writing, several poem drafts and non-fiction and fiction pieces as well. I always found this conference worthwhile and Saratoga Springs, where Skidmore is located, is a delightful place to visit.


Notice for Writers:

The Florida Gulf Coast University's Sanibel Writing Conference will be held this year from Nov. 5th to the 8th and I'll be teaching a poetry workshop.

At the same conference my former professor/mentors Lynne Barrett and John Dufresne will be teaching fiction workshops, and Lauren Small will be giving a talk on starting your own press and self-publishing on Sunday, November 8th.

Sign up soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an opportunity!